(1) Where the firm's relevant reporting period (as defined in DISP 1.10.4 R2, 3) ends between 1 January and 30 June, the firm must publish the complaints data summary no later than 31 August of the same year.
(2) Where the firm's relevant reporting period (as defined in DISP 1.10.4 R2, 3) ends between 1 July and 31 December, the firm must publish the complaints data summary no later than 28 February of the following year.
(1) ensures that another person publishes the complaints data summary2, 3 on its behalf; and
(2) publishes details of where this summary2, 3 is published.
Joint reports: provision of information to third party on request
Any firm covered by a joint report, other than the firm that submitted the joint report, must provide details of where the complaints data summary2, 3 is published to any person who requests them.
Mode and content of publication
Firms may choose how they publish the complaints data summary2, 3. However, the summary2, 3 should be readily available. For this reason, the FCA recommends that firms should publish the summary2, 3 on their websites.
(1) TheFCA recommends that firms should publish additional information alongside their complaints data summaries2, 3 in order to relate the number of complaints to the scale of the firm's relevant business. Firms are recommended to publish the relevant standard metrics set out in the table at DISP 1 Annex 1A G with the summaries. Where the complaints data summary2, 3 relates to a joint report the metrics should cover all the firms included in the joint report.
(2) If the recommended metrics do not accurately reflect the scale of the firm's relevant business, theFCA recommends that the firm should publish metrics which best reflect the scale of its business based on the number of its customers or accounts or policies. Firms may also publish other metrics where they consider that these would better reflect the scale of their business.
(3) Firms may also publish other information to aid understanding, for example details of their internal processes for dealing with complaints.